Today’s conversation is with Travis Ryan. Travis is the worship pastor at LifePoint church in Nashville, TN as well as a songwriter with Integrity Music. Travis is most notably known for co-writing the Newsboys hit “We Believe” which you can hear all over the radio.
In this conversation we talk about why he became a worship leader, his new EP with Integrity Music, the call of God, how he recruits and structures his teams across multiple campuses at LifePoint church, songwriting, and even some parenting advice thrown in.
Travis’s songs are well crafted, full of Scripture, and carry a deep sense of conviction. I really love his new EP.
Check it out!
Click to Listen
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Learn Worship Keys, an online course to help you improvise, innovate, and play worship music on the keys in 3 months or less.
Learn Worship Keys is a membership site with over 30 videos, expert interviews, and incredible bonuses.
If you’ve always wanted to play keys or learned classical music but always wanted to improv, this is for you.
Or if you’ve been looking for a resource to equip your keyboard players on how to play simply, navigate the software world, and make beautiful music, you need to check out Learn Worship Keys.
We already have dozens and dozens of students kicking the excuses and learning how to play. Will you be next? CLICK HERE to check out Learn Worship Keys.
In this Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- Travis’s journey to becoming a worship leader.
- Raising kids to see real faith and true worship in their parents.
- The messiness of the call of God.
- Why no one grows through comfort and ease.
- How Travis recruits new people to his team.
- The discipleship strategy of LifePoint Church.
- How Travis communicates with his team on a weekly basis.
- The value of progression over perfection.
- The worship team values of LifePoint Church – Team, Technique, and Time.
- The story behind You Hold it All, Travis Ryan’s new EP with Integrity Music.
- Songwriting principles – how to craft songs for church people to sing.
- The story behind the writing of We Believe.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Learn Worship Keys
- Website: Travis Ryan
- Music: You Hold it All by Travis Ryan
- Music: Sonicflood
- Twitter: @travisryan
- Facebook: Travis Ryan
Thanks For Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. So helpful!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
And thanks to Travis for sharing with us!
Question: What’s your biggest takeaway from this interview with Travis? Always love to hear from you! You can leave a comment by clicking here.