I love talking with people who savor life and have a huge imagination. And that’s why I love this conversation with singer/songwriter Andrew Peterson.
Andrew is a singer, songwriter, author, and storyteller with a passion for art and the Gospel. This is one of my top 10 favorite podcast interviews thus far.
There’s so much to take away from this conversation: creative tips, parenting advice, songwriting lessons, and finding inspiration. Also a ton of great recommended reads.
Click to Listen
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Learn Worship Keys, an online course to help you improvise, innovate, and play worship music on the keys in 3 months or less.
Learn Worship Keys is a membership site with over 30 videos, expert interviews, and incredible bonuses.
If you’ve always wanted to play keys or learned classical music but always wanted to improv, this is for you.
Or if you’ve been looking for a resource to equip your keyboard players on how to play simply, navigate the software world, and make beautiful music, you need to check out Learn Worship Keys.
We already have dozens and dozens of students kicking the excuses and learning how to play. Will you be next? CLICK HERE to check out Learn Worship Keys.
In this Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- The art of beekeeping.
- Why we need practices that slow us down in our technological, “always on” age.
- Why storytelling and art are essential to communicating in our day & age.
- The difference in parenting styles between Baby Boomers and Millennials.
- The moving power of music.
- How “Christian” artists will be able to share truth to a post-Christian people.
- The Gospel according to Harry Potter.
- The problem with the terms “Christian” & “Secular”
- Going into the studio with nothing but one song.
- Writing songs out of crises.
- Why we should get rid of the term “creative” as a noun.
- When art and creativity doesn’t flow naturally and it’s simply hard work.
- Andrew’s ideal day.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Learn Worship Keys
- Website: Andrew Peterson
- Music: The Burning Edge of Dawn by Andrew Peterson
- Music: Light for the Lost Boy by Andrew Peterson
- Book: Living Into Focus by Arthur Boers & Eugene Peterson
- Blog Post: Harry Potter, Jesus, & Me
- Essay: On Fairy Stories by JRR Tolkein
- Book: The War of Art by Stephen Pressfield
- Book: Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Book: Walking On Water by Madeline L’Engle
- Book: Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry
- Book: Till We Have Faces by CS Lewis
- Book: Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolken
Thanks For Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. So helpful!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
And thanks to Andrew for sharing with us!
Question: What’s your biggest takeaway from this interview with Andrew? Always love to hear from you! You can leave a comment by clicking here.