Christ is in your corner, on your side. That’s what makes every ‘what if’ possible.” – Mark Batterson
Mark Batterson is an inspiring leader – the author of 12 books and the pastor of a great church, he’s always pushing himself to live and lead at a higher level.
In this podcast we talk about Mark’s new book, the discipline of writing, leading in the local church, and plenty of books to read.
Click to Listen
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Learn Worship Keys, an online course to help you improvise, innovate, and play worship music on the keys in 3 months or less.
Learn Worship Keys is a membership site with over 30 videos, expert interviews, and incredible bonuses.
If you’ve always wanted to play keys or learned classical music but always wanted to improv, this is for you.
Or if you’ve been looking for a resource to equip your keyboard players on how to play simply, navigate the software world, and make beautiful music, you need to check out Learn Worship Keys.
We already have dozens and dozens of students kicking the excuses and learning how to play. Will you be next? CLICK HERE to check out Learn Worship Keys.
In this Episode You’ll Learn More About:
- The days when Mark Batterson used to lead worship.
- Why Mark loves fitness and runs triathlons.
- How to not waste time.
- The secret to being uber productive.
- Why it’s important to read many types of books.
- Why Mark wrote the book, If.
- The psychology behind how Mark chooses titles for his books.
- The benefit of naps.
- What Mark has learned about writing after publishing 12 books.
- What Mark values in a worship leader.
- Why the local church should be the most creative place on the planet.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Learn Worship Keys
- Website: Mark Batterson
- Website: National Community Church
- Book: If: Trading Your If Only Regrets for God’s What If Possibilities by Mark Batterson
- Book: In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson
- Book: Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- Book: Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip & Dan Heath
- Book: Switch: How to Change things When Change is Hard by Chip & Dan Heath
- Book: I Like Giving: The Transforming Power of a Generous Life by Brad Formsma
- Book: On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William Zinsser
- Blog: 5 Reasons Why You Should Take a Nap Everyday by Michael Hyatt
- Music: If God by NCC Worship (Free Download)
Thanks For Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. So helpful!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
And thanks to Mark for sharing with us!
Question: What’s your biggest takeaway from this interview with Mark? Always love to hear from you! You can leave a comment by clicking here.