I love seeing what God is doing in churches around the world – leaders mobilizing diverse people to reach their communities. That’s why this conversation with Aaron Ivey is such a treat. Aaron is the Worship Pastor at The Austin Stone Community Church in Austin, Texas. They are a church of 8 campuses with a weekend attendance of 8,000 people. They have no central building, yet are growing like crazy and have a thriving creative arts ministry.
Aaron and I discuss the practicalities of his worship ministry, how to lead and unify artists, taking care of your volunteers, how to organize worship teams at 8 campuses, as well as how to record a live worship album.
Some great stuff here. Enjoy!
Click to Listen
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Learn Worship Keys, an online course to help you improvise, innovate, and play worship music on the keys in 3 months or less.
Learn Worship Keys is a membership site with over 30 videos, expert interviews, and incredible bonuses.
If you’ve always wanted to play keys or learned classical music but always wanted to improv, this is for you.
Or if you’ve been looking for a resource to equip your keyboard players on how to play simply, navigate the software world, and make beautiful music, you need to check out Learn Worship Keys.
We already have dozens and dozens of students kicking the excuses and learning how to play. Will you be next? CLICK HERE to check out Learn Worship Keys.
In this Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- Aaron’s journey into leading worship.
- How Austin Stone Community Church organizes their Creative Arts Ministry.
- How to unify musicians, painters, filmmakers, producers, writers, and storytellers under one vision.
- How to maintain momentum with Team Nights.
- The assimilation process for getting plugged into the creative arts ministry at Austin Stone.
- How to staff multiple worship teams at multiple campuses.
- How to confront a “competition” mindset across campuses.
- The joys, pain, and process of recording a live worship album.
- The importance of lyric writing for the local church.
- How to lead people in worship who don’t have a history of faith.
- The importance of teaching people what worship is every week.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Learn Worship Keys
- Music: This Glorious Grace by Austin Stone Worship
- Website: Austin Stone Worship
- Website: This Glorious Grace
- Website: Austin Stone Community Church
Thanks For Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. So helpful!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
And thanks to Aaron for sharing with us!
Question: What’s your biggest takeaway from this interview with Aaron? Always love to hear from you! You can leave a comment by clicking here.