The old song gathers…the new song propels.” – Bob Sorge
Today’s podcast is a great conversation between worship pastors. Covenant Church is a multi-campus church located in Dallas Texas where David & Nicole Binion lead the worship ministry. I had the privilege of sitting with both of them as well as Josh DuFrene, one of the other worship pastors.
This is a conversation centered around the local church. We talk about developing healthy team culture, writing songs, recording live albums, choosing good fast songs, arranging a worship set, coffee, and much more.
Click to Listen
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Learn Worship Keys, an online course to help you improvise, innovate, and play worship music on the keys in 3 months or less.
is a membership site with over 30 videos, expert interviews, and incredible bonuses.
If you’ve always wanted to play keys or learned classical music but always wanted to improv, this is for you.
Or if you’ve been looking for a resource to equip your keyboard players on how to play simply, navigate the software world, and make beautiful music, you need to check outLearn Worship Keys.
We already have dozens and dozens of students kicking the excuses and learning how to play. Will you be next? CLICK HERE to check out Learn Worship Keys.
In this Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- Stories of Worship Leader beginnings
- The transition from full time, itinerant ministry to full time at a church.
- What it takes to build a healthy team culture.
- How Covenant Worship builds unity within their team.
- What it takes to build an effective worship set.
- Tips for leading worship in multi-generational, multi-cultural church.
- Communication skills for worship leaders.
- A behind the scenes look at Covenant Worship’s Take Heart project.
- Some great new fast songs working at Covenant Church.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Learn Worship Keys
- Website: Covenant Church
- Music: Take Heart by Covenant Worship
- Twitter: @nicolebinion
- Twitter: @davidleebinion
- Twitter: @joshuadufrene
Thanks For Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. So helpful!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
And thanks to Covenant Worship for sharing with us!
Question: What’s your biggest takeaway from this interview with Covenant Worship? Always love to hear from you! You can leave a comment by clicking here.