I am a tour guide for God’s glory.” – Paul Tripp
Today’s guest is a special treat. Paul Tripp is a pastor, author, and conference speaker who’s passion is to see the transforming power of Jesus at work in everyday life. I recently finished his new book, Awe, and knew that I wanted him on the podcast to challenge we worship leaders.
In this interview we talk about the awe of God, the Gospel, Scripture, parenting, music, concerts, worship leading, and more. Paul is a Gospel centered, wise man so you’ll want to take some notes.
Click to Listen
The only way referencing Scripture works with children is if they’re already in awe of Who wrote the book.” – Paul Tripp
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Learn Worship Keys, an online course to help you improvise, innovate, and play worship music on the keys in 3 months or less.
is a membership site with over 30 videos, expert interviews, and incredible bonuses.
If you’ve always wanted to play keys or learned classical music but always wanted to improv, this is for you.
Or if you’ve been looking for a resource to equip your keyboard players on how to play simply, navigate the software world, and make beautiful music, you need to check outLearn Worship Keys.
We already have dozens and dozens of students kicking the excuses and learning how to play. Will you be next? CLICK HERE to check out Learn Worship Keys.
You can’t give away what you yourself don’t have.” – Paul Tripp
In this Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- Some of Paul’s favorite concerts and bands.
- How Paul found his life calling.
- The goal of Scripture.
- Why proper theology and Biblical literacy isn’t enough.
- Why God has hardwired us for awe and what that means for us.
- Why awe is so important for worship leaders.
- How to maintain awe on a daily basis.
- What awe of God has to do with great parenting.
- Why it’s so important to read the Puritans.
Preaching is powerful when a preacher worships his way through his own sermon.” – Paul Tripp
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Learn Worship Keys
- Website: Paul Tripp
- Website: Paul Tripp +
- Book: Awe: What It Matters for Everything We Think, Say, or Do by Paul Tripp
- Book: The Mortification of Sin by John Owen
- Book: Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices by Thomas Brooks
- Book: The Whole Christ: Legalism, Antinomianism, and Gospel Assurance—Why the Marrow Controversy Still Matters by Sinclair Ferguson
When I stand in front of a group of people, my main goal is for them to realize all that God is, He is for them by grace.” – Paul Tripp
Worship is not first your activity it’s your identity.” – Paul Tripp
Thanks For Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. So helpful!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
And thanks to Paul for sharing with us!
Question: What’s your biggest takeaway from this interview with Paul? Always love to hear from you! You can leave a comment by clicking here.