If you love the spotlight more than the secret place, you’re in trouble because it means you care more about pleasing people than pleasing God.” – Banning Liebscher
It’s quotes like this that make my conversation with Banning Liebscher so powerful. Banning is the founder & pastor of Jesus Culture. Jesus Culture began as a youth ministry at Bethel Church in Redding. 3 years ago Banning and his team moved to plant Jesus Culture Sacramento.
Banning is a visionary and a pastor at heart. We talk about his new book Rooted, the process of God, basketball, parenting, ministry, discipleship, and so much more.
Don’t miss this one, friends!
Click to Listen
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Learn Worship Keys, an online course to help you improvise, innovate, and play worship music on the keys in 3 months or less.
is a membership site with over 30 videos, expert interviews, and incredible bonuses.
If you’ve always wanted to play keys or learned classical music but always wanted to improv, this is for you.
Or if you’ve been looking for a resource to equip your keyboard players on how to play simply, navigate the software world, and make beautiful music, you need to check out Learn Worship Keys.
We already have dozens and dozens of students kicking the excuses and learning how to play. Will you be next? CLICK HERE to check out Learn Worship Keys.
In This Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- Why youth ministry doesn’t prepare you for parenting.
- Banning’s upbringing and his journey in ministry.
- How the name Jesus Culture came to be.
- What Banning knows now what he wishes he knew in the early days of youth ministry.
- Banning’s relationship with Chris Quilala – Jesus Culture Worship Pastor.
- The importance of the secret place and serving Jesus with our gifts.
- 2 questions that will transform the way you make art & do creative projects.
- What it means to have a root system in your life.
- Some of Banning’s favorite books.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Learn Worship Keys
- Book: Rooted: The Hidden Places Where God Develops You by Banning Liebscher
- Website: Rooted Book Site
- Website: Jesus Culture
- Website: Jesus Culture Sacramento
- Music: Let it Echo by Jesus Culture
- Music: Every Nation by Lindy Conant & the Circuit Riders
- Book: With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray
- Book: Let the Trumpet Sound: A Life of Martin Luther King Jr. by Stephen B. Oates
- Book: Daughter of Destiny: Kathryn Kuhlman by Jamie Buckingham
- Website: Rooted: A 21 Day Devotional
- Twitter: @thebanning
Thanks For Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. So helpful!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
And thanks to Banning for sharing with us!
Question: What’s your biggest takeaway from this interview with Banning? Always love to hear from you! You can leave a comment by clicking here.