I’ve been a big fan of Leeland over the years. I remember when they released their debut album Sound of Melodies when Leeland was 16 years old.
This chat is a like a great backstory of Leeland’s life. We talk about his childhood, his time on the road as a young kid, and tons of lessons he’s learned. We also dive into the new album and his partnership with Bethel Music.
Don’t miss it!
Click to Listen
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Learn Worship Keys, an online course to help you improvise, innovate, and play worship music on the keys in 3 months or less.
is a membership site with over 30 videos, expert interviews, and incredible bonuses.
If you’ve always wanted to play keys or learned classical music but always wanted to improv, this is for you.
Or if you’ve been looking for a resource to equip your keyboard players on how to play simply, navigate the software world, and make beautiful music, you need to check out Learn Worship Keys.
We already have dozens and dozens of students kicking the excuses and learning how to play. Will you be next? CLICK HERE to check out Learn Worship Keys.
In This Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- The early days of Leeland’s band.
- The incredible backstory of Leeland’s traveling family band.
- A life-changing prophesy Leeland received at 10 years old.
- How the band got bookings in the early days.
- The early grind of working a full time job and pursuing music.
- The story behind writing Lion & the Lamb.
- How Leeland got connected with Bethel Music.
- Leeland’s favorite books & movies.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Learn Worship Keys
- Website: Leeland
- Music: Invisible by Leeland
- Music: Sound of Melodies by Leeland
- Music: Christ Be All Around Me by Leeland
- Book: The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
- Book: Secrets of the Secret Place by Bob Sorge
- Book: America’s Godly Heritage by David Barton
- Website: McPherson Guitars
- Pedal: Kilt Overdrive
- Instagram: @leelandmooring
- Instagram: @leelandofficial
- Twitter: @leelandofficial
Thanks For Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. So helpful!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
And thanks to Leeland for sharing with us!
Question: What’s your biggest takeaway from this interview with Leeland? Always love to hear from you! You can leave a comment by clicking here.