This week we welcome Brooke Ligertwood (Fraser) to the podcast from Hillsong Worship. Brooke has been a part of the Hillsong family for years, writing classic songs like “Lead Me to the Cross”, “Hosanna”, and more recently “What a Beautiful Name.”
In this episode we talk about Brooke’s fascination with words and language and how that influences her songwriting. We also discuss the incredible new Hillsong record, “Let There Be Light.” So many encouraging truths in this shorter interview.
Click to Listen
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Coresound. Coresound is an amazing new company that provides pad loops for your worship services.
What are pad loops, you may say? Essentially, it’s like the best keyboard sound or guitar swell you’ve ever heard, sitting underneath your live worship team. It’s helps to create a beautiful, patient atmosphere for your worship team and fill out the sound.
They’re a great investment if you have a smaller worship team or if you have a large team but want to create a bigger sound and improve your transitions. We’ve used them quite a bit at my church. We’ve actually done a two piece setup with me on a guitar, pad loops, and a drum pad and it sounds HUGE. And of all the pads I’ve tried, Coresound are the best sounding. By far.
I have the Deluxe bundle which comes with 6 different sounding pads in all 12 keys. It’s amazing because you literally have an arsenal of versatility for your worship team. Load them up on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop and you’re good to go. Whatever you play within the key of the pad loop sounds amazing, and each pad lasts for about 20 minutes.
So here’s the deal: head on over to coresoundpads.com and use the promo code “beyondsunday” and get yourself 20% off any purchase.
In this Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- Living an iceberg life and what that means.
- Brooke’s songwriting secrets.
- The story of Brooke’s early music career and how she was connected to Hillsong.
- What Brooke has learned from the culture of Hillsong Church.
- Stories behind the creation of the new album, “Let Their Be Light.”
- The story behind writing “What a Beautiful Name”
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Coresound Pads
- Music: let there be light. by Hillsong Worship
- Book: Anonymous: The Unrecognized Riches in Uncelebrated Seasons of Your Life by Alicia Britt Chole
- Website: Hillsong Worship
- Website: Brooke Fraser
- Twitter: @brookefraser
- Twitter: @hillsongworship
If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What was your biggest takeaway from this interview with Brooke? You can leave a comment by clicking here.