What I want to do as a worship leader – every time – is create a meeting place for God and people.” – Cody Carnes
I love when a person’s heart and passion for Jesus is larger than the gift they carry. Cody Carnes is one of those leaders. Cody is a songwriter, worship leader, and husband to the amazing Kari Jobe. In this episode we talk about his formative years leading worship at Gateway, Kari’s upcoming new record, his new worship project WELLS, fatherhood, gear, and much more.
Be encouraged. This is a good one.
Click to Listen
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Coresound. Coresound is an amazing new company that provides pad loops for your worship services.
What are pad loops, you may say? Essentially, it’s like the best keyboard sound or guitar swell you’ve ever heard, sitting underneath your live worship team. It’s helps to create a beautiful, patient atmosphere for your worship team and fill out the sound.
They’re a great investment if you have a smaller worship team or if you have a large team but want to create a bigger sound and improve your transitions. We’ve used them quite a bit at my church. We’ve actually done a two piece setup with me on a guitar, pad loops, and a drum pad and it sounds HUGE. And of all the pads I’ve tried, Coresound are the best sounding. By far.
I have the Deluxe bundle which comes with 6 different sounding pads in all 12 keys. It’s amazing because you literally have an arsenal of versatility for your worship team. Load them up on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop and you’re good to go. Whatever you play within the key of the pad loop sounds amazing, and each pad lasts for about 20 minutes.
So here’s the deal: head on over to coresoundpads.com and use the promo code “beyondsunday” and get yourself 20% off any purchase.
In this Episode You’ll Hear About:
- The backstory behind Kari Jobe’s upcoming new album.
- What it means to be pure in heart.
- What Cody’s learning about Fatherhood.
- The story of how Cody & Kari met.
- Cody’s story of how he became a musician and worship leader.
- Never losing our identity as worshipers.
- Cody’s influences
- Cody’s new worship project WELLS and what we can expect in the future.
- How Cody is getting creative with his acoustic guitar rig
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Coresound Pads
- Website: Cody Carnes
- Website: Kari Jobe
- Music: Majestic by Kari Jobe
- Music: Final Word by Wells
- Music: All He Says I Am by Cody Carnes
- Book: How to Worship a King: Prepare Your Heart, Prepare Your World, Prepare the Way by Zach Neese
- Gear: Martin OMJM
- Twitter: @codycarnes
If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What was your biggest takeaway from this interview with Cody? You can leave a comment by clicking here.