If you lead worship, you know who Elevation Worship is. Over the last decade they have led the charge on building great team culture and writing powerful original songs for churches.
Today, we welcome lead producer/songwriter Mack Brock to the show. It takes so many people to pull off large projects like Elevation’s new “There is a Cloud” but Mack, more than anyone else, sees the project through from start to finish.
In this chat we talk about the new album, writing for church, picking songs & sets, worship culture, & more. Enjoy!
Click to Listen
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Coresound. Coresound is an amazing new company that provides pad loops for your worship services.
What are pad loops, you may say? Essentially, it’s like the best keyboard sound or guitar swell you’ve ever heard, sitting underneath your live worship team. It’s helps to create a beautiful, patient atmosphere for your worship team and fill out the sound.
They’re a great investment if you have a smaller worship team or if you have a large team but want to create a bigger sound and improve your transitions. We’ve used them quite a bit at my church. We’ve actually done a two piece setup with me on a guitar, pad loops, and a drum pad and it sounds HUGE. And of all the pads I’ve tried, Coresound are the best sounding. By far.
I have the Deluxe bundle which comes with 6 different sounding pads in all 12 keys. It’s amazing because you literally have an arsenal of versatility for your worship team. Load them up on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop and you’re good to go. Whatever you play within the key of the pad loop sounds amazing, and each pad lasts for about 20 minutes.
So here’s the deal: head on over to coresoundpads.com and use the promo code “beyondsunday” and get yourself 20% off any purchase.
In This Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- Mack’s role at Elevation Church – what a typical week looks like
- What the audition process looks like at Elevation Church
- Distinctives of the Elevation Worship culture
- How to recruit musicians
- How Elevation plans their sets and pick their songs
- How to introduce new songs to your church
- The process for creating demos for original songs
- Wrestling for the best lyric
- Stories behind some songs
- The prophet Elisha and what he has to do with worship
- The unconventional ways of God
- The most important part of a live recording
- Leading and connecting with people as a worship leader
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Coresound Pads
- Music: There is a Cloud by Elevation Worship
- Website: Elevation Worship
- Twitter: @mackbrock
- Twitter: @elevation_wrshp
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me.
If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What was your biggest takeaway from this interview with Mack? You can leave a comment by clicking here.