Today’s interview is with Aaron Shust – an amazing singer, songwriter, and worship leader. We talk about Aaron’s history with traditional church music and how he started leading worship.
Also some great songwriting nuggets, stories, and challenges about the character of a worship leader. Important stuff.
Click to Listen
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Coresound. Coresound is an amazing new company that provides pad loops for your worship services.
What are pad loops, you may say? Essentially, it’s like the best keyboard sound or guitar swell you’ve ever heard, sitting underneath your live worship team. It’s helps to create a beautiful, patient atmosphere for your worship team and fill out the sound.
They’re a great investment if you have a smaller worship team or if you have a large team but want to create a bigger sound and improve your transitions. We’ve used them quite a bit at my church. We’ve actually done a two piece setup with me on a guitar, pad loops, and a drum pad and it sounds HUGE. And of all the pads I’ve tried, Coresound are the best sounding. By far.
I have the Deluxe bundle which comes with 6 different sounding pads in all 12 keys. It’s amazing because you literally have an arsenal of versatility for your worship team. Load them up on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop and you’re good to go. Whatever you play within the key of the pad loop sounds amazing, and each pad lasts for about 20 minutes.
So here’s the deal: head on over to coresoundpads.com and use the promo code “beyondsunday” and get yourself 20% off any purchase.
In this Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- Aaron’s journey into music.
- Lessons learned as a church music kid.
- The importance of worship leaders reflecting attention to Jesus.
- The importance of contentment.
- Why Aaron decided to record his first live album.
- The story behind “My Savior My God”
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Coresound Pads
- Website: Aaron Shust
- Music: Love Made a Way by Aaron Shust
- Books: Clive Cussler
- Book: Vertical Church: What Every Heart Longs for. What Every Church Can Be by James MacDonald
- Book: Rumors of God: Experience the Kind of Faith You’ve Only Heard About by Darren Whitehead & Jon Tyson
- Twitter: @aaronshust
- Gear: Kayser Capos
- Gear: Alclair In Ear Monitors
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me.
If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What was your biggest takeaway from this interview with Aaron? You can leave a comment by clicking here.