There’s a difference between leading aggressively and leading with authority.” – Christy Nockels
What a treat to welcome Christy Nockels back on the show. For years she has been an inspiration to worship leaders, vocalists, and women in ministry.
In this episode we talk about her ministry transition, the new record, leading with authority, identity, parenting, and more.
Click to Listen
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Coresound. Coresound is an amazing new company that provides pad loops for your worship services.
What are pad loops, you may say? Essentially, it’s like the best keyboard sound or guitar swell you’ve ever heard, sitting underneath your live worship team. It’s helps to create a beautiful, patient atmosphere for your worship team and fill out the sound.
They’re a great investment if you have a smaller worship team or if you have a large team but want to create a bigger sound and improve your transitions. We’ve used them quite a bit at my church. We’ve actually done a two piece setup with me on a guitar, pad loops, and a drum pad and it sounds HUGE. And of all the pads I’ve tried, Coresound are the best sounding. By far.
I have the Deluxe bundle which comes with 6 different sounding pads in all 12 keys. It’s amazing because you literally have an arsenal of versatility for your worship team. Load them up on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop and you’re good to go. Whatever you play within the key of the pad loop sounds amazing, and each pad lasts for about 20 minutes.
So here’s the deal: head on over to coresoundpads.com and use the promo code “beyondsunday” and get yourself 20% off any purchase.
In This Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- Christy’s reflection on her experience with Passion
- How to develop your voice and confidence as a singer/worship leader
- The backstory behind the new record, Be Held: Lullabies for the Beloved
- Why we need to release the room as worship leaders
- Inviting our children into the journey of knowing God
- The story behind Christy’s podcast
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: Coresound Pads
- Music: Be Held: Lullabies for the Beloved by Christy Nockels
- Podcast: Christy Nockels on Women in Worship, the Passion Movement, & Worshiping with Wonder
- Podcast: Kristian Stanfill on the Passion Movement, Leading Worship, & Fighting for Songs
- Website: Christy Nockels
- Podcast: Glorious in the Mundane Podcast by Christy Nockels
- Twitter: @christynockels
- Music: Better is One Day by Passion
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me.
If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What was your biggest takeaway from this interview with Christy? You can leave a comment by clicking here.