Creativity – that may be the easy part.
But what if you’re responsible for leading, managing, and advancing a creative department in your church?
I had the honor talking with Stephen Brewster about this very thing. Stephen is the Creative Arts Pastor at Cross Point Church in Nashville, TN. He leads the creative team for a church of 5 campuses.
I’m not going to lie, but this is one of my favorite interviews so far on the podcast. So practical, down to earth, and close to what we all experience as local church worship leaders.
Click to Listen
What You’ll Learn
- How to create a “get to” environment
- What it’s like to have 1 full time worship staff and 23 volunteer worship leaders across 5 campuses
- 6:00 am Sunday morning call times 🙂
- Creating a culture of discipline and excellence
- How to cast vision to your entire team
- How to get your team to show up for events
- Ideas for leading creative meetings
- How to lead creatives
- Scheduling creativity
Resources Mentioned in this Post
- Website: www.stephenbrewster.me
- Website: www.crosspoint.tv
- Cross Point Church’s Communication/Marketing Plan worksheet
If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What has your experience been balancing creativity and management? What does your worship/creative arts department look like? We’d love to hear from you. You can leave a comment by clicking here.