It’s one thing to worship God on a stage with great music.
But what happens pain and suffering rocks your world? It’s these situations that test our worship at its core.
It was such an honor to have a conversation with Bobby Gilles. Bobby and his wife Kristen are songwriters with Sojourn music and leaders there in the Sojourn church community.
Our conversation went in a lot of different directions that you don’t want to miss. We discussed the power of articulating your testimony, creating worship team culture, having more than enough musicians, and how to worship through pain & suffering. We even talked about parenting and the father’s pastoral role in the home.
Check it out:
Click to Listen
What You’ll Learn
- How to write your testimony
- How to have more than enough musicians
- Creating a culture for artists & musicians
- The worship culture & systems of Sojourn Community Church
- Why a lot of worship music sounds the same
- How to worship God in the midst of pain & suffering
- The father’s pastoral role in the home
Resources Mentioned in this Post
- Website: My Song in the Night
- Website: How to Write a Testimony
- Website: Sojourn Community Church
- Website: Sojourn Music
- Book: Max Perkins: Editor of Genius by A. Scott Berg
- Book: Safe in the Arms of God by John MacArthur
- Book: Our Home is Like a Little Church by Lindsey Blair & Bobby Gilles
- Twitter: @bobbygilles
If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: Have you had a difficult trial rock your world that changed the way you worship? If you feel comfortable, we’d love to hear your story. You can leave a comment by clicking here.