I’ve wanted to bring Gabriel Wilson on the podcast for a while.
When it comes to connecting relentless creativity with the heart of God, I can’t think of a better guy to talk to.
Gabriel Wilson is the mastermind behind the bands The Rock & Roll Worship Circus and The Listening, as well as a worship leader and producer for Bethel Music. Most recently, he is the producer of Bethel’s newest studio album, Tides.
In this interview we talk about the Tides album, along with some songwriting, worship leading, gear collecting, and music production.
Click to Listen
What You’ll Learn is this Episode
- The most important aspect of the songwriting process
- Long distance songwriting
- Worship musicians as modern day Levites
- How Gabriel produces a song
- Blurring the lines between live & studio production
- A behind the scenes look at the Bethel Tides album production
- A hack for recording vocals in the studio
- Tips for buying and collecting gear
- The story behind Gabriel’s prized possession – his Gretsch Black Falcon
- Using music to move God’s heart
- The two voices you can listen to as a writer
Resources Mentioned in this Post
- Website: www.gabrielwilson.net
- Podcast: The Electric Guitar & Worship Music: An Interview with James Duke
- Music: The Rock & Roll Worship Circus
- Music: The Listening
- Music: Delirious King of Fools
- Music: The Violet Burning
- Music: Bethel: Tides
If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What was your biggest takeaway from my interview with Gabriel? Let’s chat in the comments. You can leave a comment by clicking here.