Ever wonder what worship pastors do all day?
Because everyone knows worship leaders and pastors only work on Sunday, right?
Well, in today’s podcast we talk about this very thing. I had a conversation with Jared Welch, worship pastor at Life Church in Memphis, TN.
This podcast is the first of many – conversations with everyday, local church worship leaders and pastors who are serving their churches well with heart, passion, and excellence.
Click to Listen
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- Jared’s 4 “most important” weekly tasks
- Services – (Is God’s presence there? Are they fresh? Are they excellent?)
- Developing/Leading Worship Leaders
- Developing Team Leaders
- How to organize your week
- Prioritizing the weekend experience
- The balance of managing staff and being creative
- Developing a passion for songwriting
- How to develop momentum on your worship team
- The importance and impact of one on ones
- The difference between rehearsal and run-through
- How prepared do musicians really need to be for worship?
- How Jared structures his ministry teams (lighting, sound, media, worship)
- How Jared communicates the heart of worship to his team
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Website: The Life Church
- Website: Life Church Worship
- Website: ServePoint church software
- Event: Make Room Conference
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me.
If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: Are you a full time, part time, or volunteer worship leader? What does your week look like? What are your most important tasks? Let’s talk in the comments. It’s always better that way.