There’s something we can’t be reminded enough of as worship leaders.
What is it? It’s keeping it real. Coming back to the basics. Keeping our hearts focused on Christ.
I can’t think of a better person to talk to than Dave Pedde, president and founder of Sanctus School for Worshipers.
Dave was one of my professors at North Central University and was a massive influence on my worship leading.
In this interview we talk about worship education, being an authentic worshiper and leader, worship leading disciplines, and approaching corporate worship with a fresh perspective.
Click to Listen
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- Teaching = being on a learning journey together
- The best way to teach someone
- Rooting worship in the person of Christ over the activity
- Why prayer shouldn’t be viewed as a discipline
- The meaning behind Dave’s Sanctus School for Worshipers
- The difference between studying at Sanctus versus a Christian university
- A unique corporate worship challenge
- Thoughts on multi generational worship
- On building the right kingdom
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Website: Sanctus School for Worshipers
- Website: North Central University
- Website: Dave Pedde
- Blog: The Joys & Challenges of Leading Multi-Generational Worship
- Blog: How to Pursue Excellence & Authenticity in Worship
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me.
If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What was your biggest takeaway from the interview with Dave? Let’s talk in the comments. It’s always better that way.