If you lead worship or plan services, you’re always looking for creative ideas.
It’s one thing to look for creative ideas. It’s another to create a culture where it happens on a regular basis – empowering the creative people in your church to create and serve the vision.
That’s what I discuss with Kurtis Parks – Worship Pastor at National Community Church.
Kurtis is doing a phenomenal job leading his team to create on a regular basis, write original songs, and serve their church with unity, excellence, creativity, and authenticity.
Click to Listen
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- Defining your vision and mission as a worship team
- What Kurtis has learned serving under Mark Batterson
- How a 7 campus church structures their worship ministry
- How to couple inspiration with discipleship as a leader
- 714 Music’s Values: Unity, Excellence, Creativity, Authenticity
- How Kurtis structures his Team Nights
- Creating a culture of songwriting
- 714 Music’s new Psalms project
- Electronica worship
- How to develop unity between pastors and creatives
Resources Mentioned in this Post
- Website: Primanti Bros
- Website: Kurtis Parks
- Website: National Community Church
- Website: 714 Music
- Website: Mark Batterson
- Music: The Psalms Project by 714 music
- Book: In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day
- Podcast: Hillsong Worship
- Podcast: Jenn Johnson
- Podcast: The Secret to Becoming a Better Musician…Faster
- Music: M83
- Music: Broods
- Music: Carpark North
- Software: Logic 9
- Software: Omnisphere
- Keyboard: Yamaha CS2x
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me.
If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What was your biggest takeaway from this episode with Kurtis? How are you fostering a culture of creativity? Let’s talk about it in the comments. It’s always better that way.