If you’re creative, there’s a tension you walk every day.
“How am I supposed to get all my ideas…done?” It’s challenging to balance a busy life with big dreams.
That’s why I wanted to chat with Michael Neale. Michael is a worship leader, bestselling author, award winning songwriter, speaker, and entrepreneur.
In this interview we cover a lot of ground – from being a creative in the local church to songwriting to worship leading to making your entrepreneurial vision happen. Guys, this is really valuable content.
Click to Listen
Scripture of the Week
“With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to you;
I will give thanks to your name, O Lord, for it is good.
For he has delivered me from every trouble,
and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies.”
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- How to steward many creative pursuits and dreams
- Why the church isn’t meant to house all of your creative pursuits
- How to know when it’s time for a new season/transition
- How Michael structures his week to get stuff done
- What you need to do before you launch into a new entrepreneurial vision
- Your main goal as a local church worship pastor
- The process of discovering and figuring out your “calling”
- How to finish songs and make them better not just different
- What it means to be a “good” worship leader
- The Worship Leader as “Gospel Pointer”
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Website: Michael Neale
- Book: The River by Michael Neale
- Book: Into the Canyon by Michael Neale
- Book: Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Book: On Writing by Stephen King
- Book: Story by Robert McKee
- Book: Save the Cat by Blake Snyder
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What was your biggest takeaway from this interview with Michael? You can leave a comment by clicking here.