If there’s anyone creating an exciting worship team culture, it’s Elevation Worship.
For the last few years, they’ve pushed themselves in a lot of creative directions and have gotten behind the vision of Pastor Steven Furtick.
I had the honor of chatting with Chris Brown, one of the main worship leaders at Elevation. We discuss all things Elevation, songwriting, working with your lead pastor, and making disciples – all things I’m super passionate about.
I know you’ll glean some insights here:
Click to Listen
Scripture of the Week
“You have kept count of my tossings;
put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in your book?
Then my enemies will turn back
in the day when I call.
This I know, that God is for me.
In God, whose word I praise,
in the Lord, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
What can man do to me?”
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- How Elevation synchronizes their campuses with fiber-optic point to point
- Stories of when technology failed and how they had to persevere
- Long term investment in people and development
- Taking risks on people
- The importance of maintaining a great relationship with your pastor
- A behind the scenes look at Elevation’s songwriting culture
- Proactive versus reactive creativity
- How Elevation approached their upcoming album, “Wake Up the Wonder”
- On staying rooted and planted where you are
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Website: Elevation Worship
- Website: Elevation Worship Academy
- Website: Elevation Worship Internship
- Twitter: @elevation_wrshp
- Music: Only King Forever by Elevation Worship
- Podcast: Steffany Gretzinger
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What was your biggest takeaway from this interview with Chris? You can leave a comment by clicking here.