There’s something about honest, raw, beautiful writing that opens your heart to truth.
That’s why I’m thankful for Hunter Thompson and his newest EP with Bethel Music, Swan Song. This is one of the most beautiful collection of songs to be released this year.
Honest, stripped back, pure. In this interview Hunter and I talk about the album, his journey from getting saved to leading worship right away, how he got connected to Bethel, poetry, corporate worship, and much more.
Don’t miss it!
Click to Listen
What You’ll Learn
- The difference between corporate & personal worship
- Hunter’s journey from getting saved and leading worship right away
- How Hunter got connected to Bethel Music
- Leading worship horizontally and vertically
- The songwriter as storyteller
- The influences of Jonsi, Sufjan Stevens, Ben Gibbard, Paul Simon, & Neal Young
- The meaning behind “Swan Song”
- The studio story behind finishing the song “Swan Song”
- The discipline of daily writing
- Book: The Worship Songwriter
- Music: Swan Song by Hunter Thompson
- Podcast: Gabriel Wilson on Being a Pro Musician, Intentional Practice, & Creativity in the Church
- Website: Gabriel Wilson producer
- Website: Don Potter
- Website: Bethel Music
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What was your biggest takeaway from this interview with Hunter? You can leave a comment by clicking here.