Today’s guest is no stranger to great songs – The Great I Am, Rescue, Amazed. But Jared Anderson and I talk about so much more than just the songs and the music.
Truth is, Jared never wanted to write worship songs. But God had other plans.
We talk about living for the Kingdom of God, making disciples, his story of adopting two kids from Haiti, being present, and some of his top songwriting tips. Yea, it goes in a lot of different directions. But typically the best conversations do.
Enjoy my conversation with Jared Anderson.
Click to Listen
Our sponsor for today’s show is an eBook project, The Worship Songwriter. I wrote this book to help people finish songs. I found that I had journals full of ideas but not many songs to show for it. And it was all because of self sabotage. I would criticize my song before it had time to breathe.
So this book is a step by step process – to go from no idea to a finished worship song. Included in the book is also a journal as well as the audio book.
So please check out The Worship Songwriter and support the podcast. Thank you so much!
In this Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- Why Jared never wanted to be a worship songwriter.
- Jared’s story of adopting two kids from Haiti.
- Why we’re not called to be “spiritual event planners.”
- The heart behind Jared’s new record, “Where I Am Right Now”
- How to become more present in the everyday and what that means.
- Why you may need to reorient your “success criteria”
- Why worship leaders need to cultivate the unseen.
- Why we need more joyful expressions in our worship services.
- Jared’s biggest songwriting tips
- Practice other people’s music
- Read great literature
- Develop a healthy prayer life
- Some of Jared’s favorite writers/authors.
- A surprising way to build a worship ministry from scratch.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: The Worship Songwriter
- Website: Jared Anderson
- Music: Where I Am Right Now by Jared Anderson
- Podcast: Matt Maher on the Movement of Jesus, Creative Limits in Our Gatherings, & A History of Christian Worship
- Book: Orthodoxy by G.K Chesterton
- Twitter: @jaredanderson
- Facebook: Jared Anderson Official
Thanks For Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. So helpful!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
And thanks to Jared for sharing with us!
Question: What’s your biggest takeaway from this interview with Jared? Always love to hear from you! You can leave a comment by clicking here.