I love talking to dreamers. But there’s something even more powerful than a dreamer: a dreamer who does. These kinds of people are a gift because they help us confront our apathy, fear, excuses, timidity, and stir us to get on with making change and living boldly.
Daniel Bashta is one of those people. Daniel is an incredible songwriter, worship leader, and dreamer who we welcome back to the podcast for a second time. For you long time fans, Daniel was the first guest on the very first Beyond Sunday podcast a little over two years ago (for a listing of past episodes, click here).
This conversation is even better as we dive deep into Daniel’s new album “For Every Curse“, co-songwriting, dreaming big, writing timeless songs, and being fascinated by the glory of God. All things I hold very dear.
Don’t miss it:
Click to Listen
Our sponsor for today’s show is an eBook project, The Worship Songwriter. I wrote this book to help people finish songs. I found that I had journals full of ideas but not many songs to show for it. And it was all because of self sabotage: I would criticize my song before it had time to breathe.
So this book is a step by step process – to go from no idea to a finished worship song. Included in the book is also a journal as well as the audio book.
So please check out The Worship Songwriter and support the podcast. Thank you so much!
In this Episode, You’ll Hear More About:
- Daniel’s journey away from a publishing deal and a record label to being independent.
- Inside Daniel’s musical mind on his production choices on “For Every Curse.”
- Why worship songwriters shouldn’t focus on writing radio hits.
- Why Daniel values collaboration, writing with Brian Johnson, Kristene Di Marco, Charlie Hall, & Kristian Stanfill.
- How to dream through discouragement and disappointment.
- What you need to do to make your dream happen.
- The difference between a dreamer and a doer.
- Why risking and failing is better than doing nothing.
- Why creatives need to keep creating.
- Daniel’s take on the success of his song “Like a Lion.”
- Why success is tied to your daily habits.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Show Sponsor: The Worship Songwriter
- Website: Daniel Bashta
- Music: For Every Curse by Daniel Bashta
- Twitter: @danielbashta
- Facebook: The Sounds of Daniel Bashta
- Video: Jim Gaffigan on Parenting
- Book: The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
Thanks For Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. So helpful!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
And thanks to Daniel for sharing with us!
Question: What’s your biggest takeaway from this interview with Daniel? Always love to hear from you! You can leave a comment by clicking here.