I love songwriting. I love the power of what a song can do. Songs can literally change people’s lives.
I also love hearing from the best about how they write songs and craft lyric and melody to effect people’s hearts. I’ve wanted to have Mia Fieldes on the podcast for a while now and that day has finally come.
Mia is an incredible songwriter who’s collaborated with the likes of Michael W Smith, Matt Maher, Kari Jobe, Hillsong, and more. Have you heard “Proof of Your Love” by For King & Country or “He Knows My Name” by Francesca Battistelli? Mia wrote those songs.
Not only do we talk songwriting but we also dive into some vulnerable territory about overcoming insecurity. Mia gets real towards the end of the interview and it’s super powerful stuff.
Don’t miss it!
Click to Listen:
In this Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- Mia’s experience on the Vertical Church Band Church Songs tour.
- When Mia first decided she wanted to be a songwriter.
- The story behind Mia’s first song, which happens to be a rap song 🙂
- How to grow in confidence as a songwriter.
- The hard work of songwriting.
- Songwriting Principles
- Stick to a theme
- Creating melodic hooks
- Creating lyrical hooks
- Map the Song
- Why you should never use your original idea.
- Dealing with insecurities.
- How to find confidence in your gift and your voice.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Website: Mia Fieldes
- Website: Vertical Church Band
- Twitter: @miafieldes
- Instagram: Mia Fieldes
- Book: God Songs by Paul Baloche
Thanks For Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. So helpful!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
And thanks to Mia for sharing with us!
Question: What’s your biggest takeaway from this interview with Mia? Always love to hear from you! You can leave a comment by clicking here.