It’s refreshing to connect with people who love God’s church – those who are more concerned with giving voice to His people in worship over being the newest, hottest thing.
That’s why I love Vertical Church Band. They are no strangers to the podcast. They were a guest for episode 19 and we’ve also welcomed Meredith Andrews and Mia Fieldes who are both very connected to this ministry.
I was able to connect with Eddie Hoagland and Kyle Fredricks in Pittsburgh on their Church Songs tour. We talk worship shop – how to build a set, leading songs for everyday people, and tips for staying fresh in what you do.
Click to Listen
In this Episode You’ll Hear More About:
- An update on the VCB Church Songs tour.
- What to do with cranky volunteers.
- The philosophy behind the name Vertical Church Band.
- The makings of a great worship setlist.
- How the worship teams at Harvest Bible Chapel pick their songs.
- The philosophy behind the album Church Songs.
- The difference between Christian Music and music designed for Christians to sing to God.
- Tips for staying fresh as a worship pastor and a creative leader.
- Living out the tension between global ministry and local ministry.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Website: Vertical Church Band
- Music: Church Songs by Vertical Church Band
- Twitter: @verticalchband
- Twitter: @eddiehoagland
- Twitter: @kfredricks87
Thanks For Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. So helpful!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me. If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
And thanks to Eddie & Kyle for sharing with us!
Question: What’s your biggest takeaway from this interview with Eddie & Kyle? Always love to hear from you! You can leave a comment by clicking here.