This blog exists to help worship leaders, songwriters, creatives, and church leaders do what they do better.
Sometimes it’s hard to reconcile the big concert stages with the every day practicality of ministry in the local church. I want to help connect the dots. My writings are brief, practical, and applicable to being a creative leader in the local church today. Thanks for stopping by.
I am a Worship Pastor at Allison Park Church in Pittsburgh, PA. You may or may not be a worship leader. Even though I gear my writings towards that audience, I write plenty of content on worship, leadership, songwriting, music, creativity, and social media.
My Top Posts
If you are new here, you might want to start with some of my most popular posts. Here they are in each category:
- Beyond Sunday: A Step by Step Guide To Creating and Sustaining a Vision for Your Worship Team
- Why I’m Stepping Down From Your Worship Team
- Are You a Worship Leader or a Worship Pastor?
- 7 Worship Blogs You Should Be Reading
- Confessions Of A Worship Songaholic: What Singing Too Many Songs Taught Me About Worship
- Are Our Worship Songs Too Romantic?
- Why I May Never Sing Your Worship Songs
- Use Evernote To Help You Write Songs
- Why You Should Be Writing Songs For Your Church
- Why I Won’t Hire You As A Musician
- Why I’m Taking You Off the Worship Team Schedule
- 10 Habits of Highly Effective Drummers
- The Number One Way To Kill Your Pride
- Why Owning Your Senior Pastor’s Vision Is So Important
- When Creativity And Church Collide: Helpful Advice From 5 Creative Leaders
You can also check out my blog’s archive for a list of every post I’ve written.