We discuss a lot – the new album, a behind the scenes look at their worship teams, and their all-out passion for the name of Jesus.
Those talented lads are:
- Dean Ussher – Creative Pastor at Hillsong Melbourne, songwriter, worship leader
- Ben Fielding – Songwriter, Worship Leader, Tours, Based at Hillsong Sydney
- Eric Liljero – Creative Pastor at Hillsong Stockholm, songwriter, worship leader
The Hillsong movement is truly extraordinary. What the world sees (and hears) is their music. But excellence, heart, and passion come through in all they do.
Click to Listen
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- A behind the scenes look at Hillsong on Sundays
- A snapshot at how many Hillsong campuses there are around the world
- Hillsong’s writing/creation process
- The true meaning of excellence
- How Hillsong recruits their creative team
- The power of discipling and developing within your church
- Developing a culture of passionate worship and songwriting
- A behind the scenes look at the new album, No Other Name
- Stop writing songs for an album and write songs for your church
- The story behind the song “This I Believe”
- The incredible story of how Hillsong got “No Other Name” on the billboards of Times Square
- The approval process for how Hillsong approves their songs
Resources Mentioned in this Post
- Music: Hillsong Worship – No Other Name
- Website: Hillsong Collected
- Website: Hillsong No Other Name Tour Dates
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see, a special guest you’d like to hear from, or a question for an upcoming episode, please email me.
If you enjoyed the show, I would be so appreciative if you would rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That helps me so much! Thanks.
Question: What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? How has Hillsong influenced your team and worship leading? Let’s talk about it in the comments. It’s always better that way.